Last Revised on Feb 14th, 2023
Information We Collect
Information we collect falls into one of two categories: “automatically collected” information and “voluntarily provided” information.
“Automatically collected” information refers to any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our Services.
“Voluntarily provided” information refers to any information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our Services.
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit our Services, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, geolocation data, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, the referring site, website elements clicked, and other details about your visit.
Additionally, if you encounter certain errors while using the site, we may automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device, what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information relating to the problem. You may or may not receive notice of such errors, even in the moment they occur, that they have occurred, or what the nature of the error is.
When you visit our website or interact with our Services, we may automatically collect data about your device, such as:
- Device Type
- Operating System
Voluntarily Provided Information
We may ask for personal information — for example, your name, your email, … when you register or ask us a question or request support for our Services, or when you otherwise contact us, including on Telegram or Substack — which may include one or more of the following:
- Email Address
- Substack/Twitter/Telegram username, if you interact with us there
- Any other information you choose to provide, such as when you fill in a form, file a support ticket, provide screenshots, conduct a search, update or add information to your account, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, correspond with us, or use other features of our Services.
We may combine voluntarily provided and automatically collected personal information with information that is publicly available (such as on social media) or that you provide to third parties that they share with us.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our Services:
- Register to receive the newsletter or in a Telegram channel
- Register an account for e-learning
- Use a mobile device, personal computer, or web browser to access our Services
- Contact us via email, social media, chat programs, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may use information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to provide you with our Services
- to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our Services
- to operate, improve, and develop our Services
- to contact and communicate with you
- to enable you to access and use our Services, associated interactive features, associated applications, and associated social media or chat platforms
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will implement and maintain practices to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. Any information you transmit to us you do at your own risk.
You are responsible for selecting any password, to the extent one is required, and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services. For example, you are responsible for ensuring any passwords associated with accessing your personal information and accounts are secure and confidential.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We do not aim any of our Services directly at children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 16. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected information about a child under 16 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16 years of age who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the below information to request that it be deleted.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- with our parent, subsidiary, and/or affiliated entities;
- with service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide our Services, including IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators;
- advertising partners;
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, or any obligations arising thereunder, or in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights or those of a third party;
- to prevent physical harm, financial loss, or fraud on our Services; and
- an entity that buys, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Marketing permission: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Langhagehouse.tv Support Email: email@example.com
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You may also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint. Please see the EU/UK Addendum for further detail.
Third Party Websites and Links
Please note that we do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the features permitting creation of User-Generated Content (“UGC”) or what others do with information you share with them on such platforms. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use, or misuse of any UGC that you disclose or receive from third parties through social media or discussions on our Services.
California Privacy Rights Addendum
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents are afforded certain rights about Personal Information (as the term is defined under the CCPA) that we collect, use, and share about them, which we have described in more detail below. For the purposes of this section, Personal Information does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
We may collect and disclose the following Personal Information of California consumers.
|Category of Information||Types of Information||With whom we disclose information for a business purpose|
|Identifiers||Name, email address, IP address, Discord username, digital asset wallet address||IT service providers; data storage, hosting, and server providers; analytics vendors; debt collectors; payment systems operators; or sub- contractors|
|Personal information listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||Digital asset wallet address||IT service providers; data storage, hosting, and server providers; analytics vendors; debt collectors; payment systems operators; or sub- contractors|
|Commercial information||Digital asset transaction history, and other digital assets that you buy, place in your shopping cart, review or otherwise express interest in||IT service providers; data storage, hosting, and server providers; analytics vendors; debt collectors; payment systems operators; or sub- contractors|
|Geolocation data||IT service providers; data storage, hosting, and server providers; analytics vendors; debt collectors; payment systems operators; or sub- contractors|
|Internet or other electronic network activity||Browsing and search history, information about your interaction with our Services, IP address, browser type and version, time and date stamps, device type, operating system, error logs||IT service providers; data storage, hosting, and server providers; analytics vendors; error loggers; maintenance or problem-solving providers; marketing agents or sub-contractors|
|Inferences||Product preferences||IT service providers; data storage, hosting, and server providers; analytics vendors; debt collectors; payment systems operators; or sub- contractors|
As a California resident, you may have the rights listed below in relation to the Personal Information we have collected about you. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information: can request information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months, including the categories of personal information that we have collected; the sources of such personal information; the business or commercial purposes for which we have collected such personal information; the categories of personal information that we have sold or disclosed; and the categories of third parties to whom we have sold or disclosed the personal information.
- Access:You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion:You can request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under CCPA. Unless your Personal Information is required to provide you with a particular service or offer (for example providing user support), we will not deny you goods or services and/or charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
To exercise any of your rights, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address, government issued ID, or date of birth, before providing a substantive response to a request. You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney document, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
Do not track signals
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visithttps://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Our Legal Basis
We process your personal information to perform our contract with you, such as:
- register and maintain your account with us
- provide you with our Services, other content, and website functionality
- to enable you to access and use our Services, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
We obtain your consent to process your personal information for the following reasons:
- sign you up for marketing communications
- personalize our Services for you
- if you opted into marketing, to communicate with you about products, services, marketing, promotions, events, and other news and information we think will be of interest to you
In order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship, as a matter of our legitimate interests, we will use your personal information to:
- to contact and communicate with you
Where We Store Your Data
If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information:
- Access:You have the right to access personal information we hold about you, how we use it, and who we share it with.
- Portability:You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
- Correction:You have the right to correct any of your personal information we hold that is inaccurate.
- Erasure:In certain circumstances, you have the right to delete the personal information we hold about you.
- Restriction of processing to storage only:You have the right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you, other than for storage purposes, in certain circumstances.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- Objection to marketing: You can object to marketing at any time by opting out using the unsubscribe/opt-out function displayed in our communications to you.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please note that a number of these rights only apply in certain circumstances, and all of these rights may be limited by law. For example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or our trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interests, or where we are required by law to retain your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to requests to exercise these rights without undue delay and at least within one month (though this may be extended by a further two months in certain circumstances).
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.
If you think we have infringed data protection laws, you can file a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the EEA country in which you live or work or where you think we have infringed data protection laws, or with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, as applicable to you.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.